Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Patience through Tribulation

The title of my blog today is something that I have been really getting a crash course in learning. I have never had much patience, and I must say I have had a really good life so it was silly to be as impatient as I was. But as the Lord does He has a few tests for us through our journey we call life. With all of my health problems I have been dealing with lately it has caused me to begin to wonder, Why? What have I done wrong? What is deferent now that I get these "blessings"... I feel bad for wondering these things but I am still human. During this time I still have been able to see miracles, I have talked about a few in past weeks, but the ones that I wish to talk about today are some of what I have learned during these.


  Yesterday, we were spending time with some of the other missionaries serving around us and we were talking about what is going on with me. We had our scriptures around and so one of them opened and read me a scripture. This is what he read me, it comes from the Book of Mormon, the book of Alma chapter 34 verses 38-41;  38That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.
 39Yea, and I also exhort you, my brethren, that ye be watchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the temptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you no good thing.
 40And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
 41But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
  That was a perfect scripture for me because it was telling me to humble myself and not to be mad at god but to learn something from the lesson He was teaching. Then this missionary went on to share this scripture too. This comes from the New Testament, this is when Paul is out preaching and he is going through some hard times and has to encourage the men he was with. Paul says in Romans chapter 5 verses 2-8; 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
 3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
 7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


  With those two spots telling me the same thing I began to realize hey its not that bad. As the Romans scriptures points out it is helping me develop that much needed patience and people to help us along the way. I have heard when life gets to hard to stand, kneel. That’s where the real strength comes. When we humble ourselves before God and seek His help. God loves us. Lets not forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment