Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today I am Grateful For...

 Well, today was the first time since I have been in Worland that snow has stuck on the ground. Which is what I am thankful for. The snow to some may think is a silly thankful but, I enjoy the snow. Last fall I was in Missoula and that was the longest amount of time I had ever spent in the snow. There were times when I became very tired if the snow, I fell 8 times last year, but it was a wonderful change from just the boring gray deadness that we have back home. The snow becomes a cover for the ugly dead ground, which in the spring the snow will help bring the ground the needed moisture it needs to sustain life. This reminds me a lot of what our Savior Jesus Christ does for each of us. We all get to the point in our lifes where we are beginning to die spiritually and we would love to have someone come cover up the mistakes we have made. Thats exactly what the atonement does, it covers the things we have done wrong. There is a scripture in Isaiah 1:18 that says: "... Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be made white as snow...". He knows that we have all done wrong things in our life but He is willing to make all of those go away if we come to Him. True there are times when the snow gets dirty and ugly, but then when a new layer of snow comes and covers it, it become pure again. This is what can happen to us if we keep turning to the Savior and asking for forgiveness. Then when its spring time again, when you have made it through the long winter, the repentance process, and the new life begins to grow then people can begin to see how the Lord has blessed you in you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment