Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Miracles

The topic of Miracles has been on my mind a lot lately. Is God still a God of miracles?! I must say YES!!! Look around and just look at the hand of God everywhere. I recently finished the Book of Mormon and there was a scripture that reminded me of this very topic. That is found in the Book of Mormon, in the book of Mormon chapter 9 verses 15-19. It reads:

  15 And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.

  16 Behold, are not the things that God hath wrought marvelous in our eyes? Yea, and who can comprehend the marvelous works of God?

  17 Who shall say that it was not a miracle that by his word the heaven and the earth should be; and by the power of his word man was created of the dust of the earth; and by the power of his word have miracles been wrought? 
 18 And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles wrought by the hands of the apostles.

  19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.

  Here it tells us that He isn't going to change. God will always be God and Jesus Christ will always be Jesus Christ. That means that They are waiting for us to wake up and believe. Waiting for us to trust in Them and develop some faith, to go out and help or makes things happen. They will guide direct and protect the cause if its for whats right. I know that God wants to help us. He has helped me recently and throughout my whole life and I know He has helped each of you. Miracles aren't always what we expect them to be. They come in large and small packages but they do come so we must watch and be ready for them give thanks and don't stop believing because God will always believe in us.
                                  Hope everyone has a good happy safe Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment