Friday, November 19, 2010

Today I am grateful for modern health care

Well, I am grateful for modern health care, because this last week I have had my appendix taken out. This all started on Monday morning around 4 am. I woke up with a very uncomfortable pain in what I guessed to be my appendix. That day I did my best to act like it didn't really hurt, so I could keep doing my regular thing, missionary work. This worked out for the rest of Monday, but Tuesday morning around 3 am I knew that it didn't go away yet... because I was awake and the pain was very strong. I often wish that I was so hard headed but it runs in pretty deep, so its hard to just give in and go to the doctor. Lucky for me is my body took over and about 1 pm I decided to go to the doctor and get checked out. I got here and everyone was so friendly. Its amazing how you tell someone you are experiencing pain and they start talking very gently and ask what they can do to help you. So they did their doctor thing, running tests and trying to find out what was wrong. They figured out that it really was my appendix that was giving me trouble. They told me that it was going to need to come out, yippee I thought!! NOT!! But in I went and here I am still alive and very glad that I did come to the doctor. I am soo glad that doctors know what they are doing and that they care for the people they look after and do all they can to help me. Now I am on the road to recovery thanks to people that know what they are doing and wonderful advances in technology. I love to be feeling again! Thank all of you for all of your prayers that go out not only for me but also all of my fellow missionaries. The Lord loves all of His children soo much an and I love all of you! Have a wonderful day, and if you aren't feeling well, you should probably go to the doctor, they know what they are doing and they will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment