Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What I am grateful for Today...

  Well, what is on my mind today is how grateful I am to be on a mission. Hopefully this is not a topic that I have already covered. I would go check my other blogs to see if I have but I don't know how and this is what I am grateful for so it will have to work. As Elders, or men, we go out on our missions for 24 for months, 2 years. The Sisters, women, serve for 18 months. I have been out on my mission for over 18 months now and so the sisters that came out with us are home now. That is so weird, it feels to me like we left to come on our mission a few short weeks ago, not 18 months ago. Well, no matter how weird it is to think that we really have been out for that long doesn't make it any less of a reality. Thanks to this chance to do on line proselyting we can talk with the sisters that we came out with and see how they are doing. They say it is so weird to actually be home, to be with family and get to go back to regular life. The thought of that weirds me out just thinking about it.
  Another reason is because I know that the Lord takes good care of the missionaries. He may not protect us from all harm or bad things but He will give us the strength we need to make it through the hard times we face. The other day I mentioned how grateful I was that I was feeling good. Well sometimes good things don't last as long as we would like to but the Lord knows what He is doing. Thats why I am grateful to be here. I know that no matter how hard things get, He will always be there to pick me up. True I did know this before my mission, but my faith and understanding is so much greater now than it was before I left on my mission. As nice as it would be to always have the good times roll. I can see how the Lord is blessing me in so many other aspects of life. Such as people to teach, my wonderful family, my amazing loved ones who offer so much support, all of you that read this show that you are willing to support me in any way that you can. At this time I wish to give my thanks to all of you, and encourage you like it says in the book of Timothy chapter 6: 12 to "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." As you begin to do this in your lives the Lord will watch over and protect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment