Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Serving Our Fellow Man

Today I don't have much time to write but I must say what I am grateful for today. Today was a pretty good day. We were able to go offer some service. I have always enjoyed some good manual labor, and thats exactly what we got to do today. We got to go help someone hang sheet rock, I wasn't much help , because of the operation but I was glad to be able to help a little. It was nice because we were able to feel busy all day today and thats something that we haven't done in weeks. It was so nice to have a chance to go out and work to feel busy again. I am am amazed at how fast it the days go by when we are able to stay busy. The scriptures talk of being engaged in good things, helping others in whatever ways we can. The two great commandments are to love the Lord with all of our might and hearts and to love our neighbors as ourselves. I know it always makes me happy to help others and even happier when I am the one receiving the help. Now we all should try our best to keep the commandments, especially these because they are the two great commandments and they can have such a impact in not only our lives but all of those that we help.

No comments:

Post a Comment