Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jesus is the Way

  Recently, I was thumbing through my scriptures and read these verses and I thought I would talk about how grateful I am for the knowledge that Jesus Christ made it possible for ALL of us to return to God's presence. The verses that I read were these from Acts Chapter 4 verses 10 and 12. "10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

  I love how powerful of  a testimony was given by two of Christ's apostles, Peter and John given here. Telling us, this is of how, and where our salvation comes from. That Christ came and the people rejected and crucified Him, but God still brought Him back from the dead, so Christ could fulfil the rest of His divine mission, and save man kind and be resurrected.

 I have often wondered, what is the meaning of the word apostle? So, I read the definition of the word apostle in the LDS bible dictionary, and it says, apostle means sent forth to share their witness as a special witness of the resurrected Lord. That's is exactly what Peter and John were doing. Sharing their own special witness that they had seen the Lord again! That Christ was indeed resurrected, that not only did He live, but He still lives now. And that they knew that there is NO other way or name where by man can be saved. It is only through the name of our dear Master Shepard and eldest brother Jesus Christ we can be saved. Because of His endless love for each of us we can be saved. I wish to add my testimony of this as well, that I know that Christ will save us all as we believe His name and follow Him. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment