Thursday, December 2, 2010

Family, Friends, Loved Ones

  I have been thinking a lot about how grateful I am for my wonderful family friends and loved ones. While we are out on our missions we have very little contact with family and friends. We email home once a week, we call home twice a year, mothers day and Christmas. We can write letters which are always fun to get, but if you are like me its tough to write people back. So not a whole lot of contact with them. I know for my parents it is very tough at times like these for them, not to be able to come and see me or even call me and find out how I am doing.

  It has been pretty hard to not get to talk with my family but I think I have learned to be more grateful for them during this process. When I read their letters and emails I can truly feel their love even though I cannot see or hear them. The same can happen to each of us as we pray. We know that God hears us, but it can be tough to know this because, we can't see Him face to face and talk with Him. But, we must know that He loves and cares about us and look for the ways or the people that He brings or has brought into our lives to help us. I have been amazed at how many of these people The Lord has brought into my life. In each area I have covered on my mission, each person I have served with, and friends from home that have had a huge impact on my life and has helped me in one way or another.

  The Lord loves us all and has a great purpose for each of us. We must always strive to understand what He wants us to do. So search the scriptures pray do all you can to understand how you can help yourselves and others. Also always remember the Lord doesn't expect us to do things by ourselves. In the Book of Mormon in the book of Nephi chapter 3 verse 7 Nephi shares a very good piece of knowledge. He says how the Lord will provide a way for us to accomplish every task that we have before us. God will help you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment