Sunday, December 5, 2010

Early Morning Meeting

  This morning as we were getting ready to go to our meetings, I thought thats what I will write about today. Each Sunday morning we have a missionary meeting with some of the ward members to discuss the weeks missionary work, the people we saw those that need help etc. Our first meeting begins at 7 am, so we wake up at 5:45 am to begin getting ready. As I wrote that down just now I was thinking, an hour and fifteen minutes to get ready?! Are we really that slow, we are guys not girls for crying out loud! But in a way it is nice because it gives us some time to just sit and ponder in the mornings. Thats what I did this morning is I just looked at the living room window for a few minutes and thought about the wonderful life Heavenly Father has given to me.

  I was thinking what a special time of year it is, getting closer to the holidays its nice to be able to reflect on things that have gone by. I was thinking this morning how grateful I am to be on a mission. To have the energy that I do, that I feel as good as I do and that I am healing up. Then I was looking at the snow on the ground, the sun wasn't out yet, but I was still able to see out a little ways and see a little fog. The fog reminds me of home, our winters back in California we have fog and in Wyoming its snow.  A scripture that often pops into my mind when I have a chance to sit and be still is from Psalms 46:10. It reads: "Be still, and know that I am God..." Simple but powerful. There are times in our lives where we need to stop and be still and remember the big man up stairs. To remember that His will is what is going to happen. We may fight it we may try and change it, but eventually His way will win. So we need to reflect on our own lives see where we are, see where we can improve and if needed change things so we can have a few more chances throughout each day to recognize God and the miracles that He is working all around us. So if needed take a little more time in the mornings before meetings before school before work and talk to God, look at the great and many blessings He has brought into your lives. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment