Friday, December 3, 2010

On my mind today...

  Well, after last weeks trip back to the hospital I have decided to go back to missionary work a little bit slower, so it has given me a lot of time to read the scriptures. Yesterday, I decided to got through and read all of the chapter headings in the Book of Mormon. I have thought about doing it a few times but have never had the free time to do it. It was pretty fun. It was definitely not the same as reading the whole book but it was interesting to see the different passages I have marked, as I went from chapter to chapter. When I read, or do most things, I distracted really easily, like when I see lots of colors on a page I usually have to stop and read a few of them. Which I am very glad I did because I was able to find quite a few scriptures that I haven't taken the time to think about, such as this one in Mosiah chapter 7 verse 33. It reads: But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

  I really liked that because of the way it talks about how the Lord deliver us out of bondage. I like how it uses the word pleasure to describe Him forgiving us. He looks forward to it. He wants to help us. I was also reading in the book of Acts today and once again, Paul amazes me. Going through so much persecution and he delights in it because he knows he is suffering for a greater cause. Paul knows that when people see him going through these hardships it will cause them to wonder why and look into why he is suffering for these things. Which lead him to many chances to share his testimony of the gospel. By sharing his testimony with King Agrippa, the kings says you almost caused me to become a Christan. There are times when our actions will speak louder than our words and there will be times when our words will help to back our actions. As we rely on our Savior and turn to Him with full purpose of heart He will deliver us from bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment