Friday, December 10, 2010

Hymns

  Last month I talked a lot about things I was thankful or grateful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving. This month, I would like to do something similar, and that will be to discuss my one of my favorite hymn's each day. Since this is the time of year when we focus on the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, I thought I would share one some my favorite hymns about Him and His life, ministry, birth and which ever other ones mean the most to me. Though, I have next to no musical talent I still enjoy to try my best and to listen to others share their wonderful talents. There is a great scripture talking about the song of the heart in The Book of Doctrine Covenants section 35:12 the Lord is speaking to Emma Smith through Joseph Smith and says: For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads. Sounds to me like a good reason to have hymns or songs in church. Here is the hymn I wish to start with, Hymn 134, I Believe In Christ. Here are the words.

 
1. I believe in Christ; he is my King!
With all my heart to him I’ll sing;
I’ll raise my voice in praise and joy,
In grand amens my tongue employ.
I believe in Christ; he is God’s Son.
On earth to dwell his soul did come.
He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
Good works were his; his name be praised.
2. I believe in Christ; oh blessed name!
As Mary’s Son he came to reign
’Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,
To save them from the woes of sin.
I believe in Christ, who marked the path,
Who did gain all his Father hath,
Who said to men: “Come, follow me,
That ye, my friends, with God may be.”
3. I believe in Christ—my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod.
I’ll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.
I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
From Satan’s grasp he sets me free,
And I shall live with joy and love
In his eternal courts above.
4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I’ll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.”
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I’ll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men.


  Such a powerful hymn. This has been one of my favorites for a long time because it describes exactly what we, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints believe. That He is Gods Son, He came down as a mortal man to save all of us from the woes of sin. That He can and will set of free from Satan's grasp. The last verse is my favorite, that while we are here going through all of the grief and pain that we all go through that we can look forward to that Great day when He will come again. The glorious day when we will get to stand in His Presence and see the marks of the nails in His feet and know that He went through it for us. I know That Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He is, in deed coming again to the earth to rule and reign, we do not know the hour or the day but we do know that it is going to happen and what a great day that it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment