Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Good Shepard

  I have had a couple of good ideas of things to blog about, and the one I wish to start on is the good Shepherd. I have been reading a lot of really good talks lately about rescuing the lost sheep, and if you think about it we are all lost in one way or another, and we know lots more that are lost as well. The talks that I have been reading were talking a lot about different ways that we can try to bring them back and I thought they were all great, but it changes a little with each person. But the most important thing we can do is to show someone that they belong and that someone cares for them. I love the scripture from John 10: 14 it says: "I am the good Shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." We are all His sheep and He knows us individually. It’s not like a big company where people fall through the cracks and are forgotten, He can call us all by name. We need to do our best to help bring those lost sheep back into the fold. We may not be able to know all of the sheep that belong to the good Shepherd, but we can help out those that we do know. I know each of us can reach out and help someone. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment