Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Charity

   I have been thinking of charity quite a bit lately. I have been reading through the LDS bible dictionary, where it gives definitions of different words, and one of the definitions that I really enjoyed was the one on charity. It goes as followed; " The highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection; the pure love of Christ." That to me is really cool, when we show charity towards others it is the strongest kind of love.

  The scriptures tells us multiple times to have charity, to help our fellow man. A way I like to look at helping others is, we are all on the same team. We are all children of our Heavenly Father and He loves us all the same. There is a scripture that says, as ye have done it upon one of these the least of my brethren ye have done it unto me. It doesn't take a lot to brighten someones day. If you can think of it as when you are helping someone you are helping God, it can make it a little easier to do when you reflect on all of the times He has helped you. Or if you put yourself in their shoes and think of what you would like someone to do for me. I know that as we try to apply these principles, not only will me make others happier, but we will become happier ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment