Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taste and Hear of the Good of The Lord

  Today, the thought that comes to my mind is from the Book of Psalms from the Old Testament. Lately I have noticed that I have begun to forget a lot of the scriptures that I have worked to hard to read apply and love. As a result I have been going through my scriptures just looking for scriptures that I really like so I can keep remembering them so they can help me and those that I come in contact with. This is one of those scriptures that I came across. Psalms 34: 4-8.

"4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
 5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
 6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
 7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
 8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

  To me these are so great because we all have situations in our lives that we have to seek the Lord, or look for the Lord, or cry for Him. And the wonderful thing is that He is always there. He hears us and answers us and watches over us and protects us from harm. What a loving God that we have. It can take time to have these blessing or promises fulfilled in our lives but they do come. If He was able to help people hundreds of years ago when they were struggling, He can certainly help us now. The scriptures prove this to be true and we can all have a time in our lives where we can see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment