Friday, March 4, 2011

Proverbs 3: 5-6

 Today’s thought comes once again from my exploration of my scriptures looking for high lighted scriptures and this was a good one. It comes from the Old Testament from the Book of Proverbs chapter 3. I love scriptures that talk about putting your trust in The Lord, because He truly is the only one that can support us through all of our trails. People maybe able to help, but He is the ultimate source to turn to.

  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

  This scripture has gained a whole new meaning to me in my life. We all have those things in our lives where we don't understand why they happen. And they cause us to wonder, what did I do wrong to disserve this? Is God mad at me? When are things going to get better or easier? The answer that this scripture gives me is, don't try to understand it. That’s what happened and it’s now our job to find out what the Lord has in mind for us with the current struggles or situations we are faced with. As we put our trust in the Lord He will direct our paths and make out journey easier. It far easier to tackle a big job with help, and our trails in life are no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment