Friday, October 8, 2010

So a life as a missionary...
 I was surprised when i first got on my mission how much fun it was. I grew up having others tell me how much fun they had on their mission, but i didn't know how it could be so fun being away from family and friends and have to talk to random people all the time. But i must say, this has been the most fun i have ever had in my life!! The message we share about a prophet being on the earth today and  modern day scripture to help us make it through this wonderfully crazy world has been such a blessing to me, and millions more. So our day starts at 6:30 am. We arise workout for a half hour then shower eat and begin our studies at 8am. We study from the Bible the Book of Mormon church magazines and other appropriate reading material that will invite the spirit and can help us as we talk with people throughout the day. Then we get together as a companionship and share what we have learned and go over plans for the day. When we go out for the day our favorite thing to do is talk with people about the Restored gospel or to simply offer to service to people. One of my favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon comes from the book of Mosiah Chapter 2 verse 17 which says: "And behold, i tell you these things that mat learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." There are many ways to serve others. So we work, go talk or teach people or do service until 9pm. Then we talk about what we did during the day plan for the next day and write in our journals and whatever else we need to do and go to bed. Its a fairly basic life, we do the same thing nearly everyday but its so much fun! One of the most rewarding things is getting to share with others what we know about our church and how we know theses things are true. There is such and amazing amount of joy that comes from know the answers to life's key questions; Where did I come from? Why I am here? Or what is the purpose of my life? Where am I going? And all of these are answered in our message. If you want to find out how ask me or a member of our church and we can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment