Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Faith

Faith has been on my mind a lot lately... faith is such a wonderful thing that can take so many different forms. You can, and hopefully do, have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. But before we get to that, what is faith? One of my personal favorite definitions for faith comes from the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma Chapter 32: 21... "faith is not having a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." what a great description. You don't need to have a perfect knowledge just a little bit that you can use as a foundation to build upon. So my own personal faith in Christ comes not because I have seen Him but because I have felt His presence through the power of the Holy Ghost. So this is through the feelings I have had. I have had amazing warm comforting feelings when I have thought or prayed about Jesus to know if He is truly is there. One can have faith in so many other aspects in life. For me as a missionary I must have the faith to know that our message is true but also to know that there are people out there ready to hear this message. So I often wonder how to increase my faith. And this comes through experience and also through trust. We must actually go out and try to find people and we must also call upon the Lord and ask Him for the help and guidance. So by going out and searching for these people and when you find someone then it helps you see, okay, it is possible there are people here. Then of course you must recognize that we can do nothing on our own, so we must give thanks to the Lord for His tender mercies. As I read through the scriptures, and I read of the great and wonderful miracles these wonderful men, heroes, have been able to do with the Lords help and do to the great faith and trust they had in the Lord and it makes me think man, why can't we do that now... but wait! Has God ever said that he would stop doing these things... NO!!! He says in the book of Hebrews Chapter 13 verse 8 it says; " Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." So that means that we could still do these things today if we had the faith and if it were the Lords will. So that is one of my own personal goals and I challenge others to try increase your faith in all the things you do. I promise you that if you do you will be able to not only become a better person, but you can help so many more people. Faith is one of those things you can't have to much of. That is my testimony in the name of our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ, Amen,.

No comments:

Post a Comment