Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Book of Mormon...

  The topic from the Book of Mormon I wish to address to day is about weaknesses. Weaknesses are talked about quite a bit in the Book of Mormon. Whether it be the person who was writing, or one of the things that they write about talk about why we all have weaknesses. Since all of us are humans, this means that we have weaknesses, but lucky for us God doesn't dislike us for our weaknesses, He gave them to us for a reason. And here are two fine examples of why we have weaknesses.

  The first I wish to cover comes from the Book of Jacob chapter 4:7 "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." And also in the Book of Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

  There are two great reasons for weaknesses, so we maybe able to recognize our constant need for God's infinite love and tender mercies towards us. I know during my whole surgery I was show just how weak I really am, but now looking back I am very grateful because I was able to develop such a greater love for my Heavenly Father, and realize how much He loves me and how much He was able to help me. I used to get so frustrated growing up, because I had a lot of difficulty reading, so when I first started on my mission I was worried that it would slow me down a lot. At first it did, because I would get so down on myself for not being able to read like other people. But as in most things in life there are two ways to approach weaknesses, give up and use it as a crutch or work as hard as you can to try and over come it. After I read that scripture from Ether I wanted to put God to the test and see, if He could help me become better at reading. And I am here to say that He did help me with my reading, and many of the other struggles that I have. And He will do the same for you. God is no respecter of persons, He loves us all the same. So He can and will help you with whatever your weakness maybe. I have a strong testimony of this and I leave it in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment