Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Book of Mormon..

  Today my thought will come from The Book Of Mormon, in the Book of Heleman chapter 5:12. I love this scripture because it talks about how we need to have a solid foundation built upon Jesus Christ. With the last name House, I know how important a good foundation is! Sorry that was a bad joke, but I couldn't help it. On a more serious note, that foundation that we base upon Christ, will really help us out when we face the hardships that we all go through.

  And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
  There is also a poem that I would like to share, I have almost memorized it and it goes so well with this scripture. Its called the Mighty Oak.
A mighty wind blew night and day It stole the oak trees leaves away- Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark Until the oak was tried and stark- But still the oak tree stood its ground While other trees fell all around.
The weary Wind gave up and spoke Why are you still standing oak? The Oak tree said: I know that you- Can break every branch of mine and two- Carry every leaf away, Shake my limbs, and make me sway- But I have roots Stretched in the earth- Growing stronger since my birth. You'll never touch them- For you see they are the deepest part of me
Until today, I wasn't sure just how much I could endure- But know I've found, with thanks to you- I'm stronger than I ever knew. As told by Elder M. Russell Ballard
  I love both of those, the scripture and the poem, because they both give to really good examples of ways to keep our selves safe in the face of the adversary. One is a solid rock to build yourself upon, and the other is by sending your roots deep into the earth. I highlighted a part of this scripture because its so key to realize that is not if hard times will come, its just a matter if time. After all this life is the time for us to go through these things. After this life there will be no pain or suffering, so our window to learn from these hard times is such a brief moment when we look at the big picture. The life expectancy is somewhere around 80 years and after this life it will go on forever! So lets not get to discouraged by these small moments. Christ has already suffered for all of the hard things that we have and will go through so lets turn to Him so He will help protect us through the hard times. I know that as we put our trust in Christ, though we may sway, we will never fall! This is my testimony in the name of the Rock of our Salvation, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment