Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How Bad Do You Want It?!

  I have had this topic on my mind a lot these last few weeks. There are many things in life that we have, or more like get to choose how much, or how bad we "want" them. We get to choose how much effort we put into sports, or class, work or how much effort we put into following the Master, Jesus Christ. A great deal of how well we do in these things, or whatever it is that we are working towards in life, depends on how bad we want it! I know for me putting effort in my school work was a struggle because I didn't care for the work and at the time I didn't see what I would get out of it. But when it came to working with my hands I would gladly give all that I could. And now that I have been able to build such a greater relationship with my Savior, and I want to follow Him!


  We all my see different types of blessings or rewards to how much effort we put into things. For the same reason that all of us get different things out of what we read or the jobs we do, because we are all different. But one thing that will always be the same is that God will love us. The scripture comes to my mind from the book of Matthew chapter 11 verses 28- 30:  "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." We all have the different challenges different interests and the different things we enjoy as our reward to a job well done, knowing that you have given it our all. The reward that we know will be the same for the work that we put into it is, if we put all of our trust in the lord and "serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." I know this to be true because this is what the Lord has promised us. So ask yourselves a question, How bad do you want to live with God some day? Then get to work and do what He asks of you, you know your best and so does He. When the road gets hard and the journey seems like it will never end, He will give you rest. This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.                                                 

2 comments:

  1. "We can have eternal life if we want it, but only if there is nothing else we want more."-Elder Bruce C. Hafen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this blog and I was actually just contemplating this yesterday during my scripture study. Sometimes in life we allow fear to get in the way of doing what Heavenly Father wants us to (ie sharing our testimony with others, having children, paying tithing, whatever your trial may be) because we are uncertain what the future holds in store for us. In 1 John 4:18 it says that "perfect love casteth out fear". If we love our Savior and love those around us then we will not fear in doing what is right!

    ReplyDelete